- There are no hotfixes in progress
- UX/UI Updates
Update the UI to improve user experience.
Updated admin interfaces to allow for quick, intuitive and efficient site creation and maintenance.
- Admin Bar -
In Production on 4/25/2016
- Settings -
- Menu Administration
- Updated CP Pages
- Site Creation
- Widget / Layout Management
- Style Guide/ Pattern Library
- Admin Bar -
- Harvard Pin Upgrades
Implementing the grouper functionality site wide in Openscholar This will allow site owners to choose their own visibility requirements within Harvard and choose from custom groups created in grouper.
This is a upgrade to take advantage of new Identity and Access Management functionality. They will be updating their authentication mechanisms and will be adding a service called Grouper, we will update our software to take advantage of these new more granular groups.
Authentication As part of this upgrade we will allow for seamless login through your PIN account into any open-scholar site from one location. From your pin login page you will be able to see all of your sites regardless of domain.
Authorization A individual site should have greater control over selecting what Harvard users are authorized to see their content. Currently there is no configuration for this.
Delayed - Waiting on the IAM functionality to be ready
Complete the items flagged as high by the accessibility working group, listed below.
- Allow image titles to display special fonts
- Allow navigation between widgets with the keyboard
- Update the WYSIWYG to accept tags that increase accessibility, including Allow the use of table headers in the WYSIWYG and Whitelisting of tags in the WYSIWYG
We're committed to making the websites that you create accessible, so we're We're committed to making the websites that you create accessible, so we're doing everything we can programmatically to make this possible. You can also find a list of best practices for keeping your site accessible in theHarvard Guidelines site (HUID login required).
Here are some of the tickets we've worked on and are complete:
- Provide ability to add alt tags in slideshttp://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/accessibilityscanissuesmissingalttagsin_slides
- Accessibility scan issues: Non-distinguishable linkshttp://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/accessibilityscanissuesnondistinguishable_links
- Accessibility scan issues: Color contrast in login screenhttp://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/accessibilityscanissuescolorcontrastinlogin_screen
- HWPI Accessibility issueshttp://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/hwpiaccessibilityissues
- Can OS handle .rtf files?http://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/canoshandlertffiles
- Cannot edit the alt tag or title tag of an image in the image gallery once it has been submittedhttp://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/cannoteditthealttagortitletagofanimageintheimagegalleryonceithasbeen_submitted
- HWP Accessibility: Link Doublets with filtering and page linkshttp://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/hwpaccessibilitylinkdoubletswithfilteringandpagelinks
- HWP Accessibility: Underlined linkshttp://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/hwpaccessibilityunderlined_links
- HWP Accessibility: Color contrast in events listingshttp://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/hwpaccessibilitycolorcontrastineventslistings
- HWP: Accessibility - Title text in iFramehttp://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/hwpaccessibilitytitletextin_iframe
Issues still to be worked on:
- figure element (mis)use for image Descriptionshttp://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/figure-element-mis-use-for-image-descriptions
- Problem setting table headers in rich-texthttp://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/problem-setting-table-headers-in-rich-text
- Eliminate date text in /calendar (squares) viewhttp://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/eliminate-date-text-in-calendar-squares-view
- Allow Image Titles to display Special Fontshttp://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/allow-image-titles-to-display-special-fonts
- Interactive Video Transcripts (YouTube, 3playmedia)http://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/interactive-video-transcripts-youtube-3playmedia
- Whitelisting of the tag in WYSIWYG editorhttp://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/whitelisting-of-the-tag-in-wysiwyg-editor
- Accessibility scan issues: iFrame descriptionshttp://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/accessibilityscanissuesiframedescriptions
- Allow hyperlinks to open in new tab/window in certain circumstanceshttp://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/allowhyperlinkstoopeninnewtabwindowincertaincircumstances
- Ways to make sure widgets are keyboard navigablehttp://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/waystomakesurewidgetsarekeyboard_navigable
- Accessibility scan issues: Non-distinguishable links (Home)http://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/accessibilityscanissuesnondistinguishablelinkshome
- Accessibility scan issues: iFrame stylinghttp://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/accessibilityscanissuesiframestyling
- WP Accessibility: Alternate texthttp://community.openscholar.harvard.edu/openscholar/topics/hwpaccessibilityalternate_text
HUIT is looking for a tool to use. It is currently not at a stage where the development team needs to be involved
- API Improvements
Allow for easy sharing of OpenScholar content and faster user interfaces.
Flexible API's contribute to the sharing of gathered data and allow a managable avenue for integration with other harvard services.
- Custom Theme enhancements
Migrate all existing themes to responsive formats create future forward next level themes. Improve the sharing of custom themes within OpenScholar and allow for users to more easily override theme elements with an inline editor.
- Migrate all existing themes to responsive formats create future forward next level themes.
- Improve the sharing of custom themes within OpenScholar and allow for users to more easily override theme elements with an inline editor.
- Allow users to contact web firms or HWP via the appearance page to get a custom theme
- Set custom theme standards that allow for re-use
- Site Backups / Import and "Time Machine"
Add the functionality for users to backup their sites
The ability to export an entire site into a portable format that can either be kept for safekeeping by the owner or imported into another openscholar install. With this functionality we can make automatic backups of a OpenScholar site for restore.
- Analytics Improvement / Migration
Upgrade to Universal analytics which will allow for tracking more demographic information. We should also add the ability for users to verify their site with webmaster tools.
This is needed to compete with other web platforms, additionally it will help users and the univeristy gather more data about web traffic. This will need to be done in a way that is backwards compatible for existing users codes.
- Search Enhancement / SEO
The ability to tailor your sites search page further by customizing the returned results. Improve SEO so that content is indexed correctly by search engines and so that content shared on social platforms is displayed accurately.
The ability to tailor your sites search page further by customizing the importance of content. Allow for custom results pages with display settings and more facet choices. More search box options for site owners that search on subsets of your site.
Improve SEO so that content is indexed correctly by search engines and so that content shared on social platforms is displayed accurately.
- Customize the type of contentent returned or taxonomy
- Search should be global across all installs.
- (Out of Scope) Change the importance of certain items